- Published on Thursday, 31 October 2013 16:46
- Hits: 127
Energy week and the Success in the West month are wrapping up on SCOTie. This week, we shared with you case studies and resources that can help communities plan for renewable energy production, energy efficient measures and ordinances, and for large scale energy projects that help to spur local economies. In addition, we presented a webinar titled Renewable Energy Planning for Local Governments. If you missed this webinar, no problem! You can view a recording on our webinar webpage.
- Published on Monday, 28 October 2013 15:26
- Hits: 150
The western United States’ remarkable renewable energy resource availability and supportive policies have transformed western states into national leaders in renewable energy development. Renewable energy offers increased local control of energy production and helps to increase the security of local and regional energy supplies. Renewable energy also provides environmental benefits such as helping to improve local air quality and reducing our impact on the land, water and climate system.
- Published on Thursday, 24 October 2013 22:35
- Hits: 133
Green Infrastructure week is wrapping up on SCOTie! This week we featured case studies and resources on communities who are integrating green infrastructure strategies and policies into their communities through green streets, rain gardens, porous and pervious pavements, green roofs, bioswales, community foresty and trees, and rainwater harvesting.
- Success in the West: Green Infrastructure Week
- Climate Week Wrap Up!
- Success in the West: Climate Resilience Week!
- Local Food Week Wrap Up!
- Success in the West: Local Food Week!
- Water Week Wrap Up!
- Success in the West: Communities Building Resilience
- Scenario Planning: Building Resilience for an Uncertain Future
- Phoenix Parks: Urban Cool Islands?
- Intermountain West Community Recognized by EPA for Climate Action