- Published on Friday, 11 October 2013 16:11
- Hits: 241
Local Food Week is wrapping up on SCOTie! Throughout the week we have shared a number of case studies featuring communities who are encouraging urban agriculture and bolstering local food systems, which results in increased food security. In addition, we have linked to a variety of resources that communities and local governments can use to learn more about local food systems and urban agriculture techniques.
- Published on Monday, 07 October 2013 14:51
- Hits: 148
The second week of success in the west is here! This week we are featuring a local food system and examples of communities who have policies and ordinances to encourage and support a local food growth and economy. As more people live in cities, it becomes critical to grow food in close proximity to urban centers in order to reduce fuel costs and support the local economy. City policy and ordinances can promote urban agriculture in cities, which can provide residents with healthy, local food.
- Published on Friday, 04 October 2013 14:01
- Hits: 189
Water week is wrapping up on SCOTie! Throughout the week we have shared numerous case studies of communities who are addressing water issues head on through long-term water planning, drought planning, and water conservation and efficiency measures. In addition, we have linked to a variety of resources that communities and local governments can use to learn more about different aspects of water use, water supply, and water planning in the West.
- Success in the West: Communities Building Resilience
- Scenario Planning: Building Resilience for an Uncertain Future
- Phoenix Parks: Urban Cool Islands?
- Intermountain West Community Recognized by EPA for Climate Action
- New Guidebook Released Uncovers the Complexities of Funding TOD Projects
- Green Fleets: 30 Seconds with Your Mayor
- Accountability and Action, the Climate Change Movement Regains It’s Footing
- Climate Preparedness Webinar Takeaways
- New Webinar: Climate Preparedness Planning in the West
- New Webinar: Sustainable Agriculture and Foodshed Planning